Remote CMO (Full-time)
We’re on the hunt for an experienced and passionate marketer to join the Notepad team in our Remote CMO role.
As Chief Marketing Officer for our clients, you’ll plan, implement, and direct effective marketing strategies line with their overall growth ambitions, and develop their brands into sustainable and scalable successes.
Working with our network of trusted partners, you’ll take the lead on marketing our client’s brands and help them win market share.
You’ll be both analytical and creative, and possess extensive knowledge in a variety of disciplines, giving you the ability to turn your hat to any area of marketing activity.
While the option is available to work in our Birmingham studio, this is a remote role that leverages tools like Slack, Skype, Trello and Google Hangouts so we’re happy to hear from applicants across the UK.
Responsibilities will include:
- Define marketing strategies to support the overall strategies and objectives for a number of our clients
- Build brand awareness and ensuring that all communications align with the brand
- Attend board meetings as a member of the client’s board and report on KPIs
- Implement and manage CRM systems
- Establish the annual marketing budget and report on ROI
- Acquire reliable and comprehensive data on sales and customer experience from different departments
- Help to build our client’s marketing teams and mentor them
- Manage performance of our trusted partner creative, digital and media agencies
- Contribute to product development and pricing strategies
- Be familiar with analytics platforms and pull out key insights to report on progress
- Spot opportunities in the market and drive growth of the business
- Campaign planning, ideation and activation
Experience we’re looking for:
Ideally you’ll have at least 3 years experience in a senior marketing role for a startup, agency, or innovative larger organisation.
We value experience over flashy client names. Please don’t just tell us the names of the brands you’ve worked with. Tell us about how you helped take an absurd idea to market and made the world pay attention, or how you led a revolution single-handedly and built an army of followers in the process.
You’ll need to have a natural entrepreneurial flair for building brands from scratch and delivering them to the masses and have proven experience of delivering on your own marketing strategies.
Directing all marketing activity for multiple clients you’ll apply learning from one business to another, and develop an instinctive approach to growing early-stage ventures.
You’ll also be a natural storyteller and have a knack for taking a compelling message to market, and delivering it so consistently and effectively across channels and geographies, that people around the world can’t help but fall in love with it.
- Being customer-centric
- Hands on experience with CRM and SEO tools like Google Analytics, Google Adwords, HubSpot, WebTrends, SalesForce, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of big data analysis
- Regularly produce and present reports
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (branding, product promotion etc.)
- Solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital (e.g. social media) and non-digital (e.g. press) channels
- Understanding of different business disciplines (IT, finance etc.)
- A leader with both creative and analytical capabilities
- Has extensive knowledge of marketing principles.
- Understands changing market dynamics and prepares the company by developing and implementing strategies to meet the changes in the marketplace.
- Displays excellent project management abilities.
- Has the ability to motivate and inspire sales and marketing staff.
- Adjusts to change smoothly and rapidly.
- Has strong interpersonal skills as well as negotiation and persuasion abilities.
- Has the ability to network and leverage contacts effectively.
- Experience managing small and large marketing budgets and showing clear ROI
We do things differently at Notepad. Our aim is to give people the environment, support and resources to simply do the best work they’ve ever done. Here are some of the benefits you can expect:
- Above market salary
- 20% of the time we work on our own projects and collaborations.
- Flexible working hours and the option to work remotely anywhere in the world
- Regular training and learning opportunities
- Every year 20% of our retained company profits are shared equally between full-time employees
- Financial and resource investment in your side hustle businesses (if we think it’s got legs)
- 25 days holiday per year (+ bank holidays)
- Bike to work scheme
- Professional HR support and personal development plans
- Annual company retreat
- An endless supply of beautiful notepads
- 3-month paid sabbatical after 5 years of employment
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, please apply today.
This is a full-time position, but we’re open to discussing a part-time, freelance and contractor role for the right person. Flexible working hours are also an option.
No time wasters or recruiters please. We won’t have time to respond to every application we receive so please don’t be offended. Successful applicants will be contacted to arrange a preliminary interview.
To apply please click apply below or send an email to hello@notepadstudio with your CV and a covering letter of no more than 250 words telling us why you’re the perfect fit for the role.
Deadline for applications: Friday 7th September 5pm