We’re on the hunt for an awesome brand strategist to join the Notepad team. Our strategists work side-by-side with our clients to develop, implement and grow their brands.
You’ll be a 360 strategist, with experience in helping clients to define their brand proposition, and then planing and directing standout multi-channel campaigns that generate clear ROI.
Responsibilities will include:
- Proposition development
- Brand/Campaign Workshop facilitation (training available if required)
- Research analysis and insight gathering
- Conducting target customer and employee interviews
- Brand articulation and copywriting
- Writing original and compelling brand narratives
- Development of tone of voice principles
- Presenting work to clients
- Crafting go-to market strategies and campaign plans
- Directing multiple campaigns and marketing activity for our clients post-rebrand
- Briefing external suppliers to deliver 360 marketing campaigns
- Supporting and mentoring our client’s marketing teams
- Public speaking at Notepad events
Experience we’re looking for:
Ideally you’ll have at least 3 years agency experience in a brand and marketing strategy role. Or you will have worked in a senior marketing role for a scale-up SME and you’re looking to move agency side.
We value experience over flashy client names. Please don’t just tell us the names of the brands you’ve worked with. Tell us about how you helped take an absurd idea to market and made the world pay attention, or how you led a revolution single-handedly and built an army of followers in the process.
You’ll need to have a natural entrepreneurial flair for building brands from scratch and delivering them to the masses and have proven experience of delivering on your own marketing strategies.
You’ll also be a lover of words and have a knack for crafting compelling propositions and brand stories that customers can’t ignore.
This is a full-time role based in our Birmingham studio, but we’ve been remote-first as an agency since way before lockdown so if you’re from outside the area please do still consider applying.
Our cultural values and behaviours:
To be the best studio, we need the best culture. Here are our founding values and the behaviors we expect all Notepad employees (Padders) to demonstrate day in, day out.
- You are concise and articulate in speech and writing
- You listen well and seek to understand before reacting
- You maintain calm poise in stressful situations to draw out the clearest thinking
- You adapt your communication style to work well with people from different backgrounds
- You provide candid, timely feedback to colleagues
- Together, we’re stronger. Share your learnings.
- Stop, collaborate, and listen
- Know you can always do better
- Share your ‘successes and failures and make them count
- Curiosity is key. Never stop learning inside and outside of the studio.
- Accept feedback and learn from it
Be radically optimistic
- Be fearless
- Anything is possible
- Enjoy the ride
- Celebrate, even when we fail
- Make our studio an awesome place to be
- Help make Sunday nights feel like Christmas Eve
- Provoke and embrace change
Be a do-er
- Don’t stand still
- Always push forwards
- Go beyond your comfort zone
- Be a work in progress
- Embrace relentless hustle
- Make people say, “I wish I thought of that”
- Embrace independence
- Fight for your ideas
- Check and double check your work (don’t let people fix your work for you)
Be a human being
- Be real
- Build trust and trust each other
- Speak your mind
- No politics. No games
- Actually care
- Lead by example
- Make people smile
- You seek what is best for Notepad, rather than what is best for yourself
- You are open-minded in search of the best ideas
- You make time to help colleagues
- You share information openly and proactively
- Fight for our purpose (building brands the world needs)
- Stay humble (always)
We do things differently at Notepad. Our aim is to give people the environment, support and resources to simply do the best work they’ve ever done. Here are some of the benefits you can expect:
- Above UK market salary
- Flexible working hours and the option to work remotely
- Regular training and learning opportunities
- Every year 20% of our retained company profits are shared equally between full-time employees
- Financial and resource investment in your side hustle businesses (if we think it’s got legs)
- 25 days holiday per year (+ bank holidays)
- Bike to work scheme
- Professional HR support and personal development plans
- Annual company retreat
- An endless supply of beautiful notepads
- 3-month paid sabbatical after 5 years of employment
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, please apply today. Successful applicants will be contacted late September to schedule an interview.
No time wasters or recruiters please.
Deadline for applications: Friday 18th September 2020 (5pm).