We’re on the hunt for an exceptional Account Manager to join the Notepad team. Leading our clients through our projects, you’ll be the first point of contact, ensuring all work meets our super high bar for quality, and is delivered on time and on budget.
We’re looking for someone who has a proven track record of leading long-term accounts and building outstanding client relationships. Alongside this, you will need to have a really strong understanding of project management methodologies including project scoping, budgeting and resourcing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters and manage multiple clients concurrently
- Ensure all work is delivered within budget and profitably
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Identifying customer needs and objectives
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with new business team to identify and grow opportunities within our target regions
- Manage and assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Project budgeting and resourcing
- Capturing insights and actions in meetings and circulating contact reports
- Creation of new business proposals
- Networking and new business lead generation at events
- Coordinate with team members working on the same account to ensure consistent service
- Manage client budgets and achieve targets
- New business pitching and upselling existing clients
- Creating and presenting project estimates
- Project planning and self time-management
Experience we’re looking for:
We’re looking for candidates who have at least 3 years experience of account management in a brand/advertising/marketing agency or similarly creative environment. You will have exceptional financial and administrative support skills, a keen eye for detail, good sales skills, strong networking skills and above all have a ‘can do’ attitude.
This role is Birmingham-based and would suit someone who can quickly become immersed in the client’s business, challenge their client’s thinking in a positive way and be the client lens during creative reviews – ultimately converting ideas into projects that generate business and drive the client’s brand forward creatively.
You will be able to instinctively identify organic growth opportunities with existing clients and plan with internal teams to bring these opportunities to life.
We’re a fast-paced agency and we’re growing quickly so you should also have a burning hunger to progress into a more senior leadership role as the team grows.
Experience working with fast-growth SMEs would be an advantage. As would professional or academic experience in marketing.
This is a full-time role based in our Birmingham studio, but we’ve been remote-first as an agency since way before lockdown so if you’re from outside the area please do still consider applying.
Our cultural values and behaviours:
To be the best studio, we need the best culture. Here are our founding values and the behaviors we expect all Notepad employees (Padders) to demonstrate day in, day out.
- You are concise and articulate in speech and writing
- You listen well and seek to understand before reacting
- You maintain calm poise in stressful situations to draw out the clearest thinking
- You adapt your communication style to work well with people from different backgrounds
- You provide candid, timely feedback to colleagues
- Together, we’re stronger. Share your learnings.
- Stop, collaborate, and listen
- Know you can always do better
- Share your ‘successes and failures and make them count
- Curiosity is key. Never stop learning inside and outside of the studio.
- Accept feedback and learn from it
Be radically optimistic
- Be fearless
- Anything is possible
- Enjoy the ride
- Celebrate, even when we fail
- Make our studio an awesome place to be
- Help make Sunday nights feel like Christmas Eve
- Provoke and embrace change
Be a do-er
- Don’t stand still
- Always push forwards
- Go beyond your comfort zone
- Be a work in progress
- Embrace relentless hustle
- Make people say, “I wish I thought of that”
- Embrace independence
- Fight for your ideas
- Check and double check your work (don’t let people fix your work for you)
Be a human being
- Be real
- Build trust and trust each other
- Speak your mind
- No politics. No games
- Actually care
- Lead by example
- Make people smile
- You seek what is best for Notepad, rather than what is best for yourself
- You are open-minded in search of the best ideas
- You make time to help colleagues
- You share information openly and proactively
- Fight for our purpose (building brands the world needs)
- Stay humble (always)
We do things differently at Notepad. Our aim is to give people the environment, support and resources to simply do the best work they’ve ever done. Here are some of the benefits you can expect:
- Above UK market salary
- Flexible working hours and the option to work remotely
- Regular training and learning opportunities
- Every year 20% of our retained company profits are shared equally between full-time employees
- Financial and resource investment in your side hustle businesses (if we think it’s got legs)
- 25 days holiday per year (+ bank holidays)
- Bike to work scheme
- Professional HR support and personal development plans
- Annual company retreat
- An endless supply of beautiful notepads
- 3-month paid sabbatical after 5 years of employment
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, please apply today. Successful applicants will be contacted late September to schedule an interview.
No time wasters or recruiters please.
Deadline for applications: Friday 18th September 2020 (5pm).